ads

Chapter 14 Sandwich




“Double-edged sword? What do you mean?”


"No, it's nothing. Just come with me."


"Where are you going? I've been walking around town..."


"You'll find out soon."




 After leaving the slum, I decided to move to a certain place.




 The "Bloody Sword" I gave that man as a gift, but it has a little secret.


 Even though its attack power is extremely high, its appropriate level is only 1.


 If you equip it from level 1, it will be possible to be close to unrivaled.




 But that's why it has such troublesome performance.


 That is the ability given to the ability.




 This is the performance of Bloody Sword.




 ――――――――――――――――


 □Bloody Sword

 Attack power: 200

 Appropriate level: 1


 - Consumes HP when attacking

 - Gradually loses HP while equipped


 ――――――――――――――――




 Although its appropriate level is 1, its attack power is extremely high.


 Compared to a weapon of the same appropriate level, it is more than 10 times more powerful.


 Normally, this attack power would require an appropriate level of nearly 20.




 But please take a look at the ability column below.


 As you can see, there are two disadvantages.




 Its attack power is extremely high, but its HP is reduced each time it attacks.


 I think this comes from the setting that it drains the owner's life blood and converts it into attack power.


 In other words, if you attack without thinking, you will find yourself on the verge of death before you know it.


 Therefore, when using this weapon, you must manage your HP properly.


 What's more, it comes with the bonus that it decreases your HP just by equipping it.




 However, if you keep swinging around without knowing this, you will quickly find yourself in a pinch.


 It doesn't matter to me if you use it without knowing this.




 It's worse not to know.




 On the other hand, if you have the knowledge and can manage your HP, it is a very useful weapon.


 It's definitely the strongest class among the weapons that can be used starting from level 1.


 But it's a hassle to recover every time, and I didn't need it right now.




 Well, that doesn't matter.


 The first thing to do now is to do something about these kids.




 The reason I've been walking since a while ago is because I'm heading to a certain place.


 Then they arrive in front of a certain building.




“We’ve arrived.”


"here……?"


"It's a public bath. I'll pay, so go ahead and get in."


"Eh? It's fine. I can handle this much."




 She said that, but deep down, she probably wanted to take a bath.


 She's a girl around my age.




"Okay, just get in. You're going to get underestimated because you're dressed like that. Do you want to be targeted by people like before?"


"Uhh……"


“Oh, are you sure?”


"Even if you become an adventurer, you can't just stay like that forever. Take a good bath in the bath to wash off your fatigue and dirt. This is also necessary for a full-fledged adventurer, right?"




 To be honest, it just came out of my mouth.


 Everything was fine in front of the building. For now, I want to keep these guys clean.




"Well, if that's the case..."


"I'll come in too. Let's meet outside."


"Y-yes."




 After handing over the money, we separated, heading into the public bath.




 When I waited outside after I finished bathing, both of them came out with satisfied smiles on their faces.




"Oh. you're out? How is it?"


"It was amazing! It's the first time I've been able to relax like that!"


"This may be the first time I've taken such a nice bath. Thank you very much."


"That's good. Let's go to the next place."


"N-Next place?"


It's fine, just come with me."




 Start walking again, aiming for another place.


 The next thing we came to was an inn.




"Let's stay here tonight."


“Maybe us too?”


"Of course. Where were you planning on sleeping anyway? Just so you know, I won't let you go to the slums again. It's dangerous there, and you might get into trouble again."


"But... is it really okay for you to go this far...?"


"Whether it's okay or not, it can't be helped. I don't even own a house yet. I'll be living in a inn for the time being."


"N-No, that's not what I meant...why are you being so kind to us?"




 Lapis looks worried.




"...Because I didn't think it would be this hard."


"Huh? What do you mean?"


"It's nothing, let's go."




 Enter the inn and talk to the receptionist at the front desk.


 I tried to rent a room for three people, but...




"Sorry. There's only one room left today."


"Seriously..."




 Oh my god. Did we arrive too late?


 I should have gotten a room sooner.


 However, I can't let these kids camp out now.




"Then... can three people stay in one room?"


"I don't mind, but I'll pay for the number of people."


“That's fine."




 I paid the money and headed to my room.


 Lapis looked like she wanted to say something, but decided to move on regardless.




 When I entered the room, there was only one bed.


 Of course, since it's a single room.




"Hmm, what should I do? You guys can sleep in the bed today."


"Eh, eh!? Well, you don't have to go that far..."


"It can't be helped since there's only one. I'll sleep on the floor."




 I got used to sleeping on the floor at the orphanage.


 There isn't much resistance anymore.




"No, we can't have that! Zest should use the bed!"


"That's right! We're used to sleeping on the floor, so it's fine!"


"But..."




 As expected, I hesitate to let the girl sleep on the floor.




"I'm used to it too, so it's okay. You guys can use it."


"No! I can't compromise on this! I can't let my lifesaver lie on the floor!"


"That's right! I owe you so much that I can't repay you, so please don't increase it even further!"


"Don't say that..."




 We argued several times after that, but the two sides just gave in and nothing was resolved.





 So, how did it end up...




"It's... cramped, isn't it?"


"Of course, with all three of us squeezed in."


"Are you sure it's okay?"


"Well, I can manage to sleep."




 In the end, it was decided that the three of us would share the same bed.


 Even though the sisters were small in stature, it was still quite cramped for three people in a bed meant for one person.


 Lapis is on the left, Fine is on the right, and I sleep in the middle, making it a sandwich situation.


 Both of them are sticking out of the bed, so it's like they're hugging me.




"This might be the first time I've been so close to a boy..."


"me too……"




 I've never had a sandwich situation either.


 I can't roll over in my sleep like this...


 These kids can't sleep either, can they?




「「…………」」




 That's what I thought, but I can already hear their gentle snores.


 They must have been extremely exhausted. They fell asleep in just three minutes.




 For now, let's get lodging early starting tomorrow.


 With that in mind, to get some sleep as well.






TN : If you found something wrong just let me know



If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

  1. Thank you for the chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next button goes to Google sign in page. Ch 15 unreachable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads